By Mary Tucker, CEIR Blog Manager
“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.” – Winston Churchill
Predict : CEIR’s Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference will be held in three weeks at the Intercontinental Hotel Chicago, bringing together the exhibition industry’s best and brightest for a look at what the future holds and how to plan accordingly. Hosted by financial journalist Ron Insana and featuring keynote speakers Ryan Sweet and Marina Gorbis, more than 20 experts will discuss current and future trends applying to each industry sector as identified in CEIR’s annual Index Report.
The business market is constantly changing, which is what brings C-level executives to this one-day event. What we do know from recent data published in the 2014 CEIR Index Report this past March is this:
- U.S. economic growth in 2013 slowed to only 1.9% compared to 2.8% in 2012.
- Excluding the government, the economy expanded over 4.0% at an annual rate during the second half of 2013.
- The consumer sector saw steady growth as personal consumption grew by 2.0% in the year, down only slightly from 2.2% in 2012.
- In line with expectations explained in the 2012 CEIR Index Report, the CEIR Total Index increased by a modest 1.0% for 2013. Each metric saw positive growth. Net square feet (NSF) grew 0.8%, the number of exhibitors increased 0.5%, the number of attendees increased 2.0%, and real revenues grew 0.9%. The growth in number of attendees outpaced other metrics, and it continues a strong trend since the end of the recession in 2009.
While the economy really does constitute the bottom line, there are plenty of other considerations that go into creating an effective strategic plan. CEIR’s research provides an ongoing stream of information that can be used in planning and marketing your exhibition, such as:
- 2014 Young Professional Attendee Needs and Preferences Study
- Best Practices by Exhibition Organizers to Attract and Retain Young Professional Attendees
- How to Stop Attendee Loss
- Cost to Attract Attendees
- Exhibition Floor Interaction: What Attendees Want
If you can attend Predict on 11 September, you will experience a fast-paced, highly interactive program specifically designed for C-level strategists. But if Predict is not in your immediate future, CEIR has plenty of relevant, cutting-edge data available to assist in your planning, with plenty more on the way.